Friday, January 1, 2010

In Remembrance of......

2010.......... Can you believe that? I remember thinking as a little girl 20 years ago, what it would be like in the year 2010. Who would I be at 30...what kind of a life I would have...did I get married...kids....career? Back then I was so excitied to grow up, to become an adult and be free to make my own choices. I could not have even imagined the journey ahead of me.

 
Maybe I get all nostalgic, because this is a new decade, with each one that passes our lives are dramatically changed.


In this past decade:
  • Jim and I got married
  • Jim got his dream job
  • We moved to Idaho
  • Bought our first home
  • Lost a sister, grandmother, and an unborn child
  • Gained a precious daughter
  • Have prayed faithfully for 3 family members battling cancer
  • Watched a little sister get married, and welcome 2 children of her own
  • Bought 2 boats, sold one
  • Said goodbye, to loved ones
  • Attended to broken bones
  • Prayed for a miracle, witnessed a miracle, and been in complete awe at the power of our God
  • Found our church home
  • Accepted, Attended and Graduated from Nursing School
  • Welcomed new family members (one sister, 3 nephews, 5 nieces, with one more baby on the way)
  • Found my two "kindred spirits"/best friends (besides Jim)
  • Went to Vegas for the 1st time
  • Survived accidents
  • Survived pre-school, kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade (currently in 1st and 4th grade)
  • Watched/coached/taught; football, basketball, swimming, riding lessons, and gymnastics
  • Gained 1 horse, 2 dogs, 2 bunnies, 3 frogs, 17 fish, 1 millipede (then lost 1 horse,1 frog, 12 fish and 1 millipede)
  • Have traveled the great states of Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Nevada, and Wyoming
  • Gone camping, fishing, hunting, swimming, hiking, four-wheeling, and boating in some of the most beautiful area's of creation
  • Celebrated milestones in our marriage and in the lives of our children.
  • Witnessed the weddings of all our friends, and shared a drink with those whose marriages did not survive.
  • Cried when family moved far away, and rejoiced when they came "home".
  • Witnessed many events in American History (presidential elections, 9/11, war)
  • Laughed with reckless abandon
  • Cried buckets of tears
  • Failed
  • Succeeded
  • Loved, fearlessly.
I know that I am forgetting so many other moments, some good, some bad. But there is "Joy in the Journey".

 
So thank  you......all of you...for being a part of our journey. For giving us moments that are precious, friendships that are "one in a million", family bonds that will join us for eternity. Thank-you for your love, kindness, support, honesty, and prayers.

 
As we look forward to this New Year, and another decade........may we be reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness to each of us through the past decade, and have peace that our future decade is safe in His loving hands.

 
Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment