Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Grace of our Saviour

Two weeks and two day's ago, was a beautiful Monday evening, I was enjoying being spoiled at work (it was my final ER shift, and we had goodbye parties gallor!). I was with my "crew", working for the last time in the pediatric section of the ER, it was the best.

I received a phone call from the front desk, "Hannah... there is a woman on the phone that claims to be your neighbor, and she sounds frantic". Truthfully I was not alarmed by this, never have I known my neighbor to be frantic, and never have I received a phone call like this. Truly I thought that I was being pranked.......

Well, it indeed was my neighbor, and she was indeed frantic. There had in fact been a terrible accident at our house, and Jim was badly hurt.

I know that most of you have heard this story (I will not dwell on details)..... yet even as I write these words I am amazed at the goodness of our God. Remembering the panic, the fear, and being overwhelmed by grief at the unsurety of my husbands' life, brings tears to my eyes and trembling to my hands.

The events of August 3rd have swiftly passed by, for which we are grateful. Jim is healing well, he is still sore (rib fractures do that) but he is here; breathing, talking, laughing, he is still able to hold me, kiss me, tell me how much he loves me and our babies. I am so thankful.

We have had plenty family "pow-wow's", Jax and Bella needed to talk....... we needed to pray together...... and give thanks.

I know that I often say how blessed I am, it is true..... But there is still a purpose for grief and for tragedy (maybe just for us....ok maybe for us all) : a knee bent, whether it be in humility or to praise a Saviour for His grace in our lives. My hope is that is does not take any more grief or tragedy, but simply a willing servant with a softened heart and an ear to listen.

On August 3rd, God's will was full circle in our lives.......

We are blessed (oh so blessed).......we are so grateful.....


So (God) supplies perfectly measured grace to meet the needs of the godly. For daily needs there is daily grace; for sudden needs, sudden grace; for overwhelming need, overwhelming grace. God’s grace is given wonderfully, but not wastefully; freely but not foolishly; bountifully but not blindly.
John Blanchard

2 comments:

  1. I love the quote - it is so appropriate for our lives. This is one of those times (Jim getting hurt) that makes the walk of faith so precious. We are so very grateful also. We love Jim ever so much.

    luvs, jmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim and Hannah,

    I've been thinking about your family this weekend and thanking God for you all. I hope you are doing well.

    Love to you all, dad

    ReplyDelete